The visual signs of aging start early in the face and neck in the forms of wrinkles, skin laxity, loss of volume and hyperpigmentation (spots).
Wrinkles are one of the most common age-related occurrences. With time, the support structures in the skin weaken, collagen and elastin diminish, leading to loss of elasticity and wrinkle formation.
Another contributing factor to wrinkles is the repetitive movement of certain facial muscles resulting in frown lines, forehead lines and crow’s feet. When combined with the loss of skin elasticity, these wrinkles become even more prominent.
The loss of the skin’s natural elastin and collagen, along with gravity and repeated muscle contractions, will eventually result in laxer skin, and a “sagging” appearance. This is mainly seen as jowls, loose skin on the neck, and heavier, sagging eyelids.
Loss of Facial Volume and Contour is due to depletion of fatty tissues and partial migration of fat deposits downward, due to gravity. Commonly, this becomes visible in the cheeks, which appear hollower and less contoured. “Jowls” is another result of the face aging process, due to the gradual migration of fatty tissues and the loss of skin elasticity around the jaw.
Another very common sign of an aging face and neck is the development of brown spots on the skin.
At Millennium Med with use and combine different modalities to correct the aging face, always tailored to each individual need and desire:
- A liquid face-lift, also known as an injectable face-lift, is a combination of Botox and injectable fillers. Dermal fillers, like Juvederm, Voluma, Vollure, Volbella, Radiesse, Beloterro, are injected to plump up sunken areas, fill in fine lines or deep hollows and furrows, give you plumper lips, shape and sculpt more youthful facial contour. Botox is used to erase dynamic lines, relax tense muscles and correct imbalances in facial symmetry and contour. With a liquid face-lift, you can see as the procedure is being done, and you can walk out of the doctor’s office looking years younger in as little as 30 minutes.
- Laser resurfacing is a very effective procedure for tightening loose skin as well as diminishing fine lines, wrinkles, scars and dark spots.
- Radiofrequency resurfacing is also very effective in tightening loose skin and improving lines, wrinkles, scars, texture and pigmentation.
- Venus Freeze is a radiofrequency based treatment that can improve skin laxity and reduce jowls and eyelids drooping.
- PRP face-lift uses the power of microneedling and platelet-rich-plasma to improve wrinkles, scarring, texture, pigmentation, laxity.
- Skin Medica peels can be used for improvement of pores, fine lines, pigmentation, and texture.
- Laser Genesis can improve texture, pores and fine lines with no downtime.
- LimeLight IPL and PhotoDynamic therapy address pigmentation, redness, pores, wrinkles, texture, and scars.