WHAT IS EMSCULPT®?
EMSCULPT® is a completely new technology that is in a BODY-CONTOURING class of its own.
We all want a decrease in fat, but that results many times in a flabby appearance unless we increase muscle mass and tone. There is no muscle build up with liposuction, ultrasound, laser or radiofrequency devices. EMSCULPT® is the first FDA-cleared energy device approved to BUILD MUSCLE & BURN FAT.
EMSCULPT® can firm and trim abdomen, lift buttocks, strengthen and define arms, and legs. And it is a pain free, non-invasive, no-downtime treatment that is accomplished in 30 minutes over a lunch break.
HOW IT WORKS
EMSCULPT® uses focused electromagnetic energy to trigger supra-maximal contractions in the muscles, which are impossible to be achieved through voluntary exercise.
Your muscles will contract around 20,000 times in 30 minutes, leading to building of new muscle mass (muscle growth, increased strength and muscle definition) as well as enhanced abdominal fat metabolism through destruction of fat cells (lipolysis).
Current body contouring devices address fat but not MUSCLE LAXITY or DIASTASIS RECTI.
EMSCULPT® is the first non-surgical approach to improve the appearance of the BUTTOCK
- Ideal for patients unwilling to opt for an injectable or surgical procedure.
- It strengthens, lifts and tones the buttocks to give that beautiful round feminine buttocks
- Increases strength and stamina to the gluteal region for athletic patients striving to take their buttocks to the next level
- Increases strength and stamina to the abdominal, gluteal, thigh and arms regions for athletic patients striving to take their physique to the next level
- Ideal for increasing core decreased strength and stability associated with aging sarcopenia (loss of muscle)
- EMSCULPT® offers the first non-surgical means of improving diastasis recti. Clinical studies have demonstrated an 11% reduction in diastasis recti following 4 treatments with EMSCULPT®.
Diastasis recti is a medical term describing separation of the abdominal muscles. In extreme cases, it can cause a midline hernia (ventral hernia) or bulging of abdominal tissues. This most commonly occurs during pregnancy, as the belly increases in size to accommodate a growing baby and stretches the abdominal muscles, leading to separation at midline.
The best candidates for EMSCULPT® live healthy lifestyles, have a BMI under 30, and are looking to improve the tone or shape of their abdomen or buttocks.
Patients with significant fat stores may not be ideal candidates for EMSCULPT®. The HIFEM (High Intensity Focused Electro Magnetic) energy used to power EMSCULPT® penetrates to about 7 cm. Those with thicker fat stores may not get as significant of muscle contraction, resulting in less results following treatment.
Given the ability to stimulate and improve muscle strength and tone, it can also be used for people in need of improving core stability, and potentially improve back weakness and pain, posture and prevent falls.
Also it is appropriate as a nonsurgical butt lift alternative.
Possible contraindications to treatment include the following:
- Metal or electronic implants in the treatment area
- Cupper intrauterine device
- Cardiac pacemakers
- Implanted defibrillators
- Implanted neurostimulators
- Drug pumps
- Malignant tumor
- Hemorrhagic conditions
- Recent surgical procedures
- Pregnancy or nursing
THE TREATMENT EXPERIENCE
You will lie down and rest comfortably during the treatment. At first you will feel gentler muscle contractions, which will gradually increase in intensity throughout your session. You’ll feel your muscles tightening, and you might feel some tingling, but no pain. Your practitioner can adjust the intensity throughout the session. EMSCULPT® cycles through different types of contractions, including one that involves more of a tapping that eliminates lactic acid from the muscles, so there is none of the muscle soreness that typically occurs with intense workouts.
NUMBER OF TREATMENTS
Treatments are broken up into 30-minute sessions, with a minimum of 4 sessions scheduled 2 to 5 days apart. The number of treatments needed over time will depend on the custom plan we develop during your free consultation.
PREP AND RECOVERY
One of the major benefits of EMSCULPT® is its noninvasive nature. You won’t need any preparation before the treatment, and you’ll be able to resume your normal activities immediately after.
You will feel results right away and start to see them after 2 to 4 weeks, with improvement continuing for several weeks following your treatment. For most people it takes 6 weeks for the muscle buildup and 3 months for the fat remodeling. Some patients compare the final results to the benefits of eating healthy and working out for 6 months.
On average, the following were achieved in clinical studies on healthy patients:
- 19% reduction of fat
- 4 cm (1.5 inches) loss in waistline circumference
- 16% increase in muscle mass
- 11% reduction in abdominal muscle separation (called diastasis recti)
- 5 x increase in fat metabolism (apoptotic index increased from 19% to 92% after treatment)
- 80% patients with visible lifting effect of buttocks
- 96% patient satisfaction
HOW LONG DO RESULTS LAST?
Fat cells destroyed by increased fat metabolism with EMSCULPT® is permanent. Weight gain though could cause remaining fat cells to grow, leading to possible loss of effect, so weight maintenance is necessary.
Muscle mass gains likely lasts 6 months or longer. It is advisable though to get periodic EMSCULPT® treatments to maintain the muscle tone achieved from an initial series of EMSCULPT® treatments. Also working out could augment and prolong results.